Sunday, March 3, 2013

First Sunday in Bangladesh

I overslept today and didn't get up until nearly noon.  This is so unlike me! Thankfully, the first thing on today's agenda didn't begin until 5:30 PM.  Upon waking up, Sabrina had Chinese breakfast ready for me, complete with chopsticks.  And yes, I managed to eat my entire bowl of noodle soup using the chopsticks.

Sabrina and I had a wonderful conversation at breakfast.  We have become good friends.  She told me how it warmed her heart for me to call her my "first friend in Bangladesh."  She said she has had many guests stay in her home, but none had ever befriended her or called her "friend."  I am so glad God put us together.

Matthew arrived shortly thereafter with my luggage.  I was so happy!  I spent the afternoon sorting through my things.  Someone else had packed my bags for me before I left the United States, so I had no idea what was what in the two luggage bags.

There is a church service on Sunday nights in another area of Dhaka.  Fighting, strikes and protests are currently taking place in an area en route to this particular church.  People are killed daily; 16 were killed in today's protests.  As a result, tonight's church service was cancelled.  Instead, the Corbins, the Millers, Sabrina and myself gathered together for an informal time of prayer in the Corbins' home.  I was asked to share my testimony.

Afterwards, the Corbins took me out to eat at a new restaurant called, "Club Wheels."  It was a cool, trendy place with dining tables inside of cars.  The Italian food was delicious too.  The Corbins shared with me their visions and goals for Bangladesh/ India and my role in helping them fulfill that vision.  I am excited about this opportunity to be part of the 2013 Bangladesh team.

No comments:

Post a Comment