Monday, March 21, 2011

A "God" Thing

This is such a "God" thing, I just wanted to share it with you.  Bro. Stanley Scism, missionary to India, posted on his facebook page about the 2010-2011 Bible college students.  There was one young lady named Rose whose story inspired me.  One of the former college students witnessed to her and suggested she attend the college.  So she applied.  Even though she did not have the Holy Ghost nor was she baptized in Jesus Name, the college accepted her application.  Her first day of school, she received the Holy Ghost and was baptized.  She was a brilliant student, absorbing everything she could.  Without telling anyone, I decided to take her on in prayer.  I was hoping to meet her when I visited India, but it did not happen.

Upon my return from India, I learned I will be getting $500 unexpectedly.  I could have applied this towards my airline ticket, but felt strongly impressed by God to use it to support a Bible college student for next year.  (If I take care of His Business, He will take care of mine).  I had Rose on my mind but when I emailed Bro. Scism, I mentioned no names and asked him who had the greatest need.  When he told me Rose needed it most, I was thrilled and KNEW it was a God thing!!  She was feeling discouraged because she wanted to return to Bible college next year but could not afford to do so.  God answered her prayers!!  I am so glad to be a part of it!

Rose shows a lot of potential.  Since returning home from college last month, she has already started her first church.  This is a new babe in Christ who's only had the Holy Ghost 5 months!!  Inspiring to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment