Saturday, March 26, 2011

Humility and Submission

I took my friend's words very seriously because God was already telling me the same thing.  I awoke at 3:30 this morning and went into the living room to pray.  I repented over my wrong attitudes and asked God to forgive me. I then laid hands on myself and asked God to give me a humble, loving attitude for His Kingdom no matter where I am placed and to have a servant attitude no matter who my leader is.  I asked Him to help me to focus on and work the field I am in right now with passion and joy.

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation , and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."  Philippians 2:5-8

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."  I Peter 5:5

Today I had a meeting today with my pastor's wife, our first since my return from India.  I shared with her my desire to return to India.  She paid me a high compliment...one I was not expecting. She told me, "If anyone else were to come to me and say they were called to the mission field, I would doubt their calling because they have not proved themselves in this local church.  But you?  You have proved yourself.  You teach Bible studies, you do outreach, etc. I will pray with you for God's direction regarding India."  Wow!  I promised her I would remain committed to this church and to their ministry even while my heart was being called to India.  I promised her I would continue to serve them wholeheartedly and with joy because this is where God has me right now.

A few minutes after my meeting, my pastor approached me and told me he wanted me to tell the church about my trip to India. He and I talked about my desire to return to India. He promised to pray with me for direction. Both conversations were confirmation from God telling me an attitude of humility and submission is everything. Thank you Lord for the leadership you have given me.  Thank you Jesus for your mercy towards me!

No comments:

Post a Comment