Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trial of Faith

YAY!!  I purchased my Indian domestic airline ticket yesterday, the one where we travel from Delhi to Manipur.  I have not purchased the international airline ticket, the one that gets me from the USA to India.  Why?  God has not provided the funds or the "go ahead" yet.  His timing makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.  Doesn't He know the ticket prices are increasing rapidly on a daily basis?!  The trip is two weeks away for crying out loud!

When God called me on this journey to India, He knew I had very limited financial resources of my own to get there.  However, He has provided every step of the way thus far.  My savings account started out empty.  When it was time for the passport, the money was there.  Then, the account was empty again.  When it was time for the visa, the money was there once again.  This is how the walk of faith has unfolded on the journey.

Now it is time to purchase the international ticket.  (In my opinion, it is past time).  People have advised me to put it on the credit card in faith and let God provide it later.  Is that faith?  It could be.  But it is not how He has dealt with me thus far on the journey.  Besides, if I put the ticket on the credit card without His permission or "go ahead" I would be acting like that hurt child of long ago who manipulated things to get her needs met.  I refuse to act in that manner.  I choose instead to wait on God and His timing.  Personally, for me, waiting requires greater faith.

Is it easy?  No, it is not easy.  Everything within me cries out, "Why are You waiting, God?  Don't You know the airline ticket prices are climbing higher each day?  Do something, NOW!!"  All I can say is the monkey (or in this case, the money) is on His Back.  It's up to Him to provide.

Lord, at this point, it looks like You're going to need to sell some of Your cattle on the hill to pay for this ticket. :-)

"Let me say I believe God will supply all my need, and then let me run dry, with no outlook, and see whether I will go through the trial of faith or sink back to something lower." ~ Oswald Chambers

2 comments:

  1. Praying that God will supply the money soon! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait for you to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved catching up reading your blog after I got the "blog" in person yesterday hearing your story!!!!! I've loved seeing you on this journey in your life!!!!! What a great encouragement to see God's work in your life, although I've gotten to watch since 2006!!!! I'll continue to pray and watch!!! Blessings to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete