Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Sugarcoating

I realize the last blog entry was a little heavy. When I started this blog I vowed not to sugarcoat the ups and downs of the journey. I want this blog to be transparent and truthful, yet uplifting and encouraging.

Just so you know, my relationship with God is not all seriousness. Sometimes He makes me LOL (laugh out loud). We have our fun moments and He is definitely a teaser. Why, He recently gave me several confirmations that He was going to provide everything for the trip to India. People have said to me, "Do not be anxious. He will take care of everything. You are in His perfect will. Trust Him." By the time I received the third confirmation, I laughed and said, "Okay, God, that's enough! No more confirmations! Just hand over the airline ticket!"

This place in the journey reminds me of the children of Israel when they left Egypt. Pharaoh and his army were chasing them from behind. The Red Sea was in front of them and they had no transportation to cross it. They were at a point of no return because to turn around and go back was sure death. To forge ahead was probable death. While they were still trying to figure out what to do, God stepped on the scene, parted the Red Sea and they walked across it on dry ground. News of that miraculous happening spread throughout the land. Years later, the mighty army of Jericho didn't even bother to fight the children of Israel because of the parting of the Red Sea. The children of Israel conquered Jericho without a fight all because of God's miraculous hand.

I believe God is going to perform a miracle on my behalf regarding the airline ticket. Everyone, including myself, will know that He and He alone performed the mighty act. Today my faith and trust in Him is high, but He sure is making me nervous with His timing. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment