Friday, January 7, 2011

Compassion

The man is this video is located in India, although in a different city from the one we will be in. Even though he is not a Christian, I admire this man's philosophy of love...it is so Christ-like. God created mankind in His likeness. When we physically touch another human being we are touching the creation of God Himself. He also created "the least of these" the ones we tend to avoid or shun, let alone touch them compassionately. The people we will be visiting in India are considered the 'untouchables'. My friend and I will be face to face with God Himself in the lives of these people. The thought is overwhelming. Can we handle it? Only through God's grace and compassion. This is my prayer, "God, give me the compassion to touch Your face, even the least of these."

"...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40

1 comment:

  1. powerful video of a true servant.. convicting- especially since he does seem to not only reflect God's image, but sees it in others ! I should pray for that kind of heart!

    ReplyDelete