Saturday, January 21, 2012

This is My Life

"This is my life.  This is what I have been called to do.  This is where I belong," I thought as I sat among other missionaries at the Because of the Times conference last week.  It felt like the last piece of a puzzle being put into place.

A funny thing happened at the conference which so aptly describes my life.  The first night I arrived early, but it was to no avail as all the seats were taken.  Separated from my friends, I sat on the back row of a 3,000 seat auditorum with people I did not know.  I couldn't see a thing!  The next day I learned that our name tags were color-coded meaning I was supposed to be sitting near the front with all the other missionaries.  I felt both stupid and relieved.

This experience so aptly describes my life because for so long I have felt out of place in the back row of life, separated from my friends, unable to see anything.  With the call to India, God made room for me, up front with a clear view, among my spiritual heros: missionaries.

This is my life...and I LOVE it!

Rebekka (Norway), Cynthia (India), Rachel (Latvia)
Cyndy (Jordan) and Cynthia (India)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sis Cynthia,
    Checking out your blog....havent from ya in a while. This is one way to keep up with what's going on!! Awesome awesome....from down in da south...love ya! Tell everyone hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that things are falling into place for you. We will be praying for you.
    Love,
    Eloise & MissRiya

    ReplyDelete