Sunday, January 1, 2012

One Resolution: 2012

It's a new day and a new year.  It's a time when people relect upon the past and make resolutions toward change for the future.  Some people may resolve to lose weight or exercise more while others pursue a new hobby or skill.  Some resolve to be a better spouse or parent while others seek to be a better employee.
It is a good thing to make resolutions and set goals because if we aim for nothing we will accomplish nothing.  I'm a firm believer in setting goals and making lists.  I have a list for almost everything including groceries to buy, books to read and goals to pursue.  (The older I get the more I depend upon the lists to stay focused.)

For 2012, I have decided to make one resolution: to know God in ways I have not known Him before.  Recently, in prayer, the Lord told me, "You don't know Me.  You know My Voice and that is good, but you don't know Me.  Come, draw closer to Me.  Let Me love you."

In order to achieve this one goal of knowing Him, it could mean not pursuing other goals, as good and meaningful they may be.  It could mean not scratching any items off my "To-Do" list.  That is okay.  As long as I achieve my one one aim and goal, not only for 2012, but for all eternity: to know Him.

"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death....I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:10, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment