Monday, April 1, 2013

Welcome to the War Zone

"They don’t teach this in School of Missions,” Sis. Corbin told me as she placed a book in my lap. I looked down at the title and saw that it was a book on spiritual warfare. My initial thought was, “I’ve been in Bangladesh a few days and you’re already talking to me about spiritual warfare?! What kind of war zone have I entered?!” On the other hand, I was very excited to have someone knowledgeable with whom I could discuss these things. Spiritual warfare is not an area that many people dare venture into in their walk with God. In fact, most people run far away from it. Looking back over my relationship with God, this is the area He has directed my steps. I am not a weeper in prayer. Yes, I weep and intercede for souls at times. Mainly, I pray warfare type prayers. Apparently He was preparing me for this point in time.

I’ve read some books on spiritual warfare and surprisingly, most are written by people who learned this stuff first-hand on the mission field. Many of the authors echoed Sis. Corbin’s words, “This was not taught in mission classes.” While in Kolkata, I purchased a few books on the subject. I have so much to learn about spiritual warfare; I haven’t even scratched the surface. I am glad God put me under the leadership of people who are knowledge and experienced in spiritual warfare.

As I sat there looking at the spiritual warfare book in my lap, I was reminded of my pastor back in America who told all the new converts, “Welcome to the War Zone!”

No comments:

Post a Comment