Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Beginning

The journey began on September 19, 2010 when I saw these pictures for the first time.  I was instantly captivated by these people!  I wept and I still weep today.  Not out of pity, but out of love, an overwhelming LOVE of God.  I feel HIS compassion and love for these people.  It's in the lives of these people that I see the greatness and vastness of God's love to humanity.  He loves them so much yet they have nothing to offer Him.  What did I have to offer Him?  Nothing.  Not a thing more than these people.  All I had to offer Him was a broken and sin-filled life.  Yet He made something beautiful of my life.

Some of these people have AIDS/HIV.  They are the orphans and outcasts of India.  They were unwanted, unloved, homeless and hopeless.  But, someone cared enough to offer them a home and some food, demonstrating God's love towards them.  Now they are happy.  Why?  Because they have been filled with the Holy Ghost.  The love of God that was demonstrated to them now abides inside of them. 

It's not about material goods.  It's not about health.  It's not even about family.  We only have ONE need in this life and that one need is Jesus Christ.  My mind and my spirit did a paradigm shift that day.  I could no longer think or feel the way I used to.  The desires I once had now seemed selfish and frivolous.  Suddenly, nothing else mattered except seeing people baptized in Jesus Name and filled with the Holy Ghost.

After seeing these pictures, I felt like I no longer belonged in America but in India.  So, after much prayer and seeking Godly counsel from my pastor and other trusted sources, it was decided that I would go to India for three weeks in February 2011.  We will see where God leads me from there.  It will indeed take a miracle for this trip to happen.  You see, I have no passport, no luggage, and no money.  But as a dear friend said, "His will...His bills."

I say the journey began that day.  Looking back over my life, I can see preparations for this journey were made in previous journeys.  I will share those preparations, along with the current journey, on this blog.  You are welcome to follow along.




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the rest of the story :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very moving, Cynthia! Thank you for sharing your journey!!

    ReplyDelete