Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What Will You Give Up to Win a Soul?

"What will you give up to win a soul for God?"  These words are often spoken by Matt Maddix, a great soul winner and motivational speaker.  Many people have been inspired by his messages while others have been challenged and forever changed by this one question he poses to his listeners.

Matthew Miller, AIMer to Bangladesh, was only 15 years old when he heard Matt Maddix speak these words at a conference.  The message gripped his tender heart and he decided to give up meat to win a soul for God.  You have to understand something.  Matthew was a hunter and fisherman who lived in southern Louisiana.  He was a husky, teenage boy who loved meat.   This was a huge personal sacrifice on his part. The amazing thing?  He did it for three years.  The challenge changed the direction of his life.  Today, at 20 years old, he and his twin brother are incredible soul winners for God.

Matthew's humble testimony inspired me.  I have been pondering the question for myself, "What am I willing to give up to win a soul for God?"  I've decided to give up ice cream.  This includes frozen yogurt and gelato. No, it is not a prideful ultimatum to God saying, "Bless God, I am NOT going to eat any ice cream until YOU give me a soul!"  Rather, each time I resist ice cream, it will be a humble prayer to God, "I really want to win souls.  I am giving up ice cream as gentle reminder to stay focused on this endeavor.  Lord, I need Your wisdom and guidance."  I am looking forward to seeing what God will do as a result of this new challenge.

"...and he that winneth souls is wise."  Proverbs 11:30

What will YOU give up to win a soul for God?

No comments:

Post a Comment