Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Forward to 2013

It is a new year, a time of reflecting over the past year and looking ahead into a future year.  As I ponder my goals for 2013, I realize no matter which goals I set, it will be a challenge this year.  How do I set goals when in two short months, I will step out in faith into the unknown world of Bangladesh?

One goal is definite: to win souls for God's kingdom.  I've always had a desire to win souls, and I have been actively involved through outreach, van ministry and teaching Bible studies.  But I decided to step it up a notch in 2013 by signing up for Matt Maddix's Soul Winners Training Center.  This program will provide me with invaluable training in this area.

I love it when God confirms my direction.  I read this Facebook post from Bro Corbin, missionary to Bangladesh: "Our target for each church in Bangladesh for 2013 is 50 new souls saved in 2013 for every church. Vision health for 2013 is over 5,000 new souls in Jesus name." This is a man of God with a vision!  I am so excited as I will be a part of the Bangladesh church in 2013!  I cannot wait to see what God will do as a result of the soul winners training AND serving under a man with a vision for souls.

I am expectantly looking forward to 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment