Sunday, August 26, 2012

Waiting on God

There is a song called, "I Don't Mind Waiting on the Lord." Every time I sing it, I feel dishonest. I DO mind waiting.  My birth is proof enough of my impatience as I entered this world two months early.  Even my pastor has told me, "Do you realize that your level of patience is unrealistic at times?"  Yes, I am fully aware of that fact.  I live with my impatient nature every day.  It is hard for me to be still.  I so desperately want to see the hand of God move. I want to see souls saved. I want to see signs, wonders and miracles.  I want to go to India/Bangladesh.  NOW!

My journey to India/Bangladesh is postponed by at least another few months. Some days, it feels like I will never reach the land of my passion and burden.  Sometimes, it feels like my calling will simply die for lack of use.  If I am not careful, my impatience will lead to unrest and fear, certainly not God-like qualities.  The Bible says in Luke 21:19, "In your patience possess ye your souls."

Another powerful scripture is Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God."  I have a tendency to set a goal and then achieve it. I rarely pay attention to the process or enjoy the journey of reaching a goal. Lately, the Lord is slowing me down and stilling my soul. He is postponing my goals, telling me to wait, and teaching me to enjoy the journey. He is showing me how to be still and let Him be God.

I've lived for God long enough to trust that His Timing is perfect and His Will is best.  Recently, He allowed me to peek into some plans He has for me in the near future.  Plans to fulfill a long-lost dream of mine.  Plans I would have totally missed if I went to India on MY timetable instead of HIS.  It humbles me to think He cares so much about the timing of my life.  "My times are in thy hand" Psalms 31:15.  It gives me great peace knowing He is in control and that my times are in His Hand.  And yes, I am thankful for His patience.

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."  Psalm 27:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment