Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Greater Dependency

The visa was approved!  YAY!  What was supposed to take 10 days took almost 6 weeks.  I actually cried with relief when it arrived.  I was seriously getting concerned thinking perhaps I'd put something on the application that had raised a red flag.  Then, I began to wonder if this trip was really the will of God.  Anxiety, doubt and confusion began to set in.  I prayed for clear direction...the visa arrived the same day.

As I progress further into the planning stages of this trip, I'm realizing I will be totally, completely dependent upon God and others for everything: transportation, food, shelter, language, culture, safety, etc.  The realization is making me feel very vulnerable, a feeling I am not comfortable with, yet it is what I prayed for.  Well, I didn't actually pray for vulnerability; I prayed for a greater dependency upon God.  Duh!  Greater dependency = vulnerability.

Being vulnerable is a good thing because through my weakness HIS strength is made perfect, bringing glory and power to HIM.  When I am weak (vulnerable), then I am strong (intead of strong-willed).  It's all about HIM.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."  II Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment